Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Packing!!


Staging is in Philly on the 12th. This is where all the volunteers meet to be briefed, vaccinated and learn more about Peace Corps.
That gives me the next 8 days to pack for the next 2 years of my life. I have no clue where to begin. Peace Corps gave me a list of clothing and items that they deemed necessary. I am so nervous mainly because I don’t want to forget anything or over pack.
My mom and I went to Wal-mart a total of 8 times. She was not to happy with me, most of the time because I was all over the place, bouncing up and down the walls. Hiking boots, batteries, flash light and baby wipes are just a few things to name. Another worry was the 80lb weight limit (how is any one expected to pack for the next 2 years of their life with a weight limit?).
Needless to say, I was able to get a great deal of shopping done. I JUST HOPE THAT I HAVE EVERYTHING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment